This position will assist the engineering staff with the preparation of Outside Plant (OSP) maps, surveys, and miscellaneous drawings. Reading and interpreting maps, blueprints, surveys, and sketches. Will create system maps of company assets. Maintain and distribute GIS data. Produce high-quality maps and reports from GIS, CAD, and other related data.
- Create and maintain mapping using CAD, M4 Mapping, and other tools as assigned.
- Design and prepare drawings for OSP projects to include staking sheets.
- Quality control of engineering documents.
- Updating as-built information in the company’s database.
- Prepare and organize prints needed for design and construction.
- Submit construction permits to state, county, and local entities.
- Provide data for regulatory reporting requirements.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Job-related experience in CAD, engineering, or related technical field.
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Experience working with GIS data
- Ability to read and interpret copper, fiber, and HFC telecom facilities from records and field notes.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.